Peanut Butter Banana Scones
Write a review
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Heat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon, allspice and chopped peanuts.
- Add the butter and toss with a fork.
- Using electric mixer, mix on med-low speed until the texture resembles course crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the banana, peanut butter and heavy cream.
- Carefully combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Form dough into a ball and press into am 8" circle. Cut the dough into 8 wedges.
- Bake on parchment lined baking sheet 12-15 minutes or until tops are light brown.
- Let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Make Peanut Butter Glaze
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk and peanut butter until well combined.
- Drizzle over cooled scones.
Tee's Tasty Treats http://www.teestastytreats.com/