Loaded Mashed Potato Bites
Write a review
- One 4.9 ounce box Betty Crocker Ultimate Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
- 6 strips bacon, cooked crispy and finely chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent dough (full-size sheets preferred, but crescent roll dough is okay too)
- Fresh chives, fine chopped,for garnish
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Prepare the Betty Crocker Ultimate Cheddar Mashed Potatoes according to package directions.
- Once finished transfer to a medium mixing bowl. Add in the sour cream, ¼ cup cheddar cheese and half the bacon. Set aside.
- Unroll one pack of the crescent dough and lay it out flat on a cutting board. Using a 2-inch circular cookie cutter, cut out dough rounds. You need to get 12 rounds from each package of dough. Place one dough round over each cup of your mini muffin tin. Repeat with the other dough package.
- Using your finger tips, gently press the dough into the muffin tin cups, making sure there are no bubbles under the dough.
- Use a small cookie scoop (or a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon) to portion the mashed potatoes into each muffin tin cup. Then, use your fingers to gently push the potatoes into the cups a bit more.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of each bite, and then sprinkle the remaining bacon over top of the cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the crescent dough is golden on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 2-5 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Transfer the bites to a serving platter and garnish with chives, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tee's Tasty Treats http://www.teestastytreats.com/