Pastel Thumbprint Cookies
Write a review
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- desired colored non-pareils
- Marshmallow Buttercream (also listed on website)
- In an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar until just combined. Add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour and salt.
- With the mixer on low add the flour to the butter mixture. Mix until a dough forms.
- Roll out a piece of cling film and dump the dough on top. Roll it together and pat down to form a disc. Wrap up and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Roll round balls that weigh 1 ounce
- Roll the balls in the sprinkles and place on the baking sheet.
- Make a light indentation in the middle with your finger or a thimble. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cookie turns lightly golden.
- Place on a cooling rack and cool completely before piping a small swirl (using a star tip) of marshmallow buttercream into the indentation of each cookie. Store in an airtight container.
Tee's Tasty Treats http://www.teestastytreats.com/