Stained Glass Jello
Write a review
- 4 boxes (3-ounces each) Jello (or store brand gelatin dessert) in different colors
- 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin (Knox)
- For each flavor, dissolve one box of Jello in 1 cup of boiling water. Pour into a square container that is about 6 to 8" square and chill at least 3 hours, or overnight. (Try to use the same size for all four so that the blocks will come out the same. In this case the smaller the better - I used 8" pans and felt my "blocks" were a little too flat.)
- After chilling the flavors, cut them into small blocks.
- Carefully mix the blocks in a 9x13-inch pan.
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin into ½ cup cold water. After the gelatin blooms, add 1½ cups boiling water and dissolve. Add the can of condensed milk. Stir and let cool. Pour cooled milk mixture over Jello blocks in 9x13 pan. Skim off any small bubbles that are created when you pour the condensed milk on the Jello pieces. Chill overnight or at least 3 hours until firm.
- Cut into blocks or shapes and serve.
Tee's Tasty Treats http://www.teestastytreats.com/