Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal
Write a review
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large saucepan add milk, sugars, vanilla and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in oats, return to a boil and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes until oatmeal begins to thicken.
- Cover and remove from heat. Let sit for about 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until combined.
- Microwave cream cheese in a small bowl for about 10 seconds until just melted.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar until combined.
- Stir in milk and vanilla until creamy.
- Place desired amount of oatmeal in serving bowl. Drizzle with some of the cinnamon sugar topping and then drizzle on top of that some of the cream cheese glaze in a circular fashion.
Tee's Tasty Treats http://www.teestastytreats.com/