Slow Cooker Gingerbread Pumpkin Lattes
Write a review
- 6 cups (1 1/2 quarts) 2% or whole cow's milk or almond milk*
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso granules
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (can also use 1/4 cup packed brown sugar) + more to taste
- 1 teaspoon molasses (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 5-inch cinnamon stick
- Pinch cloves
- Add all ingredients to a 2-quart or larger slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Make sure it doesn't boil! Turn slow cooker to warm setting to keep latte warm for 2 - 3 hours. You can use low to keep it warm if your slow cooker doesn't have a warm setting, but keep an eye on it. Stir occasionally to make sure it doesn't scald. For faster lattes, you can start on the high setting then switch to low, but I wouldn't cook these on high for more than one hour.
- Stir again right before serving and taste. Add additional sugar or syrup if desired. Ladle into individual mugs. Top with whipped cream, a dusting of nutmeg, and a cinnamon stick, if desired.
Tee's Tasty Treats http://www.teestastytreats.com/